LPL in 1905

- C. 1905

The library as it appeared in its earliest years. This photograph shows the south front. The cornerstone, containing a capsule filled with lists of city and county officials, programs from Lebanon’s literary societies, a chart with methods for teaching the blind, and copies of the local newspapers, was set in the southwest corner. Today, the Ralph W. Stark Heritage Center occupies the main floor of the original building. Image from a 1907 postcard. (Photographs-Lebanon Public Library-27)

  • June 8, 1905: Lebanon Public Library opens