Fines and Fees
To encourage the prompt return of materials, the Evergreen Indiana libraries have established a schedule of fines and fees as an encouragement for the timely return of materials by their due dates. Overdue materials incur fines of 25¢ per day per item with a $10.00 fine cap per item.
Evergreen Indiana library fines and fees shall be paid at the billing library. Patrons may pay all or a portion of overdue fines. A patron’s record will remain blocked or barred if they are over the $10.00 cap until the fines and fees are paid or the patron has resolved the matter with the particular library to restore his or her privileges.
Save Money in Unnecessary Fines by Keeping Your Email Address Current in the Library’s Records
Customers with current Email addresses will receive the following Email notices:
- Email pre-notice sent 3 days prior to the due date
- Email notice sent on the day the item is due
- Email notice sent 14 days after an item is due
- Email notice sent 28 days after an item is due
Customers Who Do NOT Have an Email Address OR Do Not Keep Their Email Address Current in the Library’s Records will only receive the following notices:
- Overdue notices will NOT be mailed via USPO until the item[s] is 14 days overdue.
- A second mailed notice via USPO will be sent 28 days after the item[s] is overdue.